Plan B – Spring move

Well, when the forecast for Carroll County says this:

and this:

…you sometimes you need to change plans. Ugh.๐Ÿ™„

Made the executive decision to move the dairy girls from Grey Heaven down to Isengard. Since we have several cows looking “ready” to calve, and with (supposed) accumulating snow on the way, the trek could be yucky with the slope we have from Grey Heaven to the milking barn. We really don’t like having the girls in Isengard because it’s right next to the road. If there are calving issues or weird things happen, it’s just not fun dealing with it with a bunch of cars driving by. BUT we don’t always get what we want, lol.โ„๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Here are the girls leaving Grey Heaven and heading down toward the crossroads…

They were pretty excited to move…

Now they are in Isengard, and Mike will bring down their round bale feeder and a new bale.

Not exactly how we wanted to start SPRING, lol. Oh well – that’s just how it is in Ohio. I laughed at the irony as I walked back home after morning chores were done. Sometimes we just have to bring Spring INSIDE and admire it from the kitchen window…๐Ÿ˜‚

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s